Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Minnesota Orchestra hall acoustics  (Read 1232 times)

Offline expressman70

Minnesota Orchestra hall acoustics
on: May 11, 2015, 10:20:19 PM
Hey all,
  There was recently a Rach 3 concerto performance that I got to attend. But the accoustics killed it. I was there with my piano teacher, and we both came to the conclusion that the pianist was barely heard. I asked this other man if the sound is always that way, and he said that this concert was the best in terms of piano playing with orchestra. We sat farely close to the stage, maybe 17th row from it. AT times it seemed like the pianist was working hard on the passages but it seemed funnny because we did not hear much. Is it always like this in concert halls; that piano even in such bravura pieces such as Rachmaninoff concerti sounds weak? IS the specific accoustics issue? If you ever been to MOH please comment as well, but anyone please tell me about your experience.