Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Grainger - Sailor's Song and Zanzibar Boat Song  (Read 2033 times)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Grainger - Sailor's Song and Zanzibar Boat Song
on: May 12, 2015, 03:24:53 PM
I'm on a bit of a 'sailing' music kick and am learning several pieces w/ this common theme of music of ships/sailing/etc (but not 'ocean' or 'water' music, but sailor songs specifically).

I have about 4 pieces on my  desk now but am considering adding this lovely diddy to the mix. Percy is one of my tops (top 10) and I always enjoy learning everything of his I play.

Can someone let me know who publishes this piece or the collection that contains it? I don't believe PDF if avail of it but if you know a lead/source, might help me w/ reading through it until i can buy the score/order comes in.

thanks

this one too

Offline jimfaston

• PS Silver Member

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: Grainger - Sailor's Song and Zanzibar Boat Song
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 04:57:28 PM
This one?

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/sailor-s-song-sheet-music/1046725
hi Jim yes thanks! Googles did not show anything on my end for some reason but I failed to search in that store in particular

If you come across thatZanzibar boat song as well do please let me know

Thanks again
Cheers!

Offline jimfaston

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 07:43:05 PM
The Zanzibar Boat Song is for one piano/six hands.  Here's a copy I found on the net.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:40:48 PM
The Zanzibar Boat Song is for one piano/six hands.  Here's a copy I found on the net.
many thanks! I didn't know it was for piano trio/6h, but still cool nonetheless (was hoping there was some fancy writing that made it possible to play as solo, oh well, still awesome post, i appreciate it)!  8)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert