Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Digital piano for a beginner  (Read 3752 times)

Offline andrecsh

Digital piano for a beginner
on: May 17, 2015, 07:29:35 PM
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and completely new to music. Started my piano classes last week and im looking forward to buy a digital piano to get started.

I was kinda decided to buy a Yamaha p-115 (had this tip from a friend of mine) but after doing alot of research around internet forums, i saw another good options..

Casio PX-350
Yamaha P-115
Kawai ES 100
Roland F-20

Which of these do you guys think that has more of a key action and sound like an accoustic piano?
I mean, i don't care much to other accessories and etc other than a sound and keys close to a real piano.

I have a very busy schedule and i'm a total beginner.. so trying those out doesn't make much of a difference to me.. they all look the same.

Offline michael_sayers

Re: Digital piano for a beginner
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 08:20:59 AM
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and completely new to music. Started my piano classes last week and im looking forward to buy a digital piano to get started.

I was kinda decided to buy a Yamaha p-115 (had this tip from a friend of mine) but after doing alot of research around internet forums, i saw another good options..

Casio PX-350
Yamaha P-115
Kawai ES 100
Roland F-20

Which of these do you guys think that has more of a key action and sound like an accoustic piano?
I mean, i don't care much to other accessories and etc other than a sound and keys close to a real piano.

I have a very busy schedule and i'm a total beginner.. so trying those out doesn't make much of a difference to me.. they all look the same.

Hi andrecsh,

In addition to having a pre-Soviet Petrof grand here, I own a Roland F-110 to avoid disturbing neighbors at odd hours.  For the amount of money I was willing to spend on a digital, it was the best of the ones I tested out.  No digital compares to the real thing, of course.

Mvh,
Michael

Offline andrecsh

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 04:53:42 PM
Thanks michael. I went shopping and got a good deal on a Roland F130R and ended up buying it.

Offline michael_sayers

Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 07:57:39 AM
Thanks michael. I went shopping and got a good deal on a Roland F130R and ended up buying it.

Hi andresch,

That sounds like it might be a better model than mine! ;D

One thing that has impressed me with this Roland is the durability.  It has endured several years of the "abuse" of my playing without any mechanical issues.

One can look at the 2015 price when new [$1300?] and if it lasts seven years, as I suspect this Roland will, that comes to less than $200 a year for digital piano costs, with no tunings, regulations, et c.

I am glad you found a good deal on one!

Mvh,
Michael

Offline andrecsh

Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 10:10:52 PM
Yeah man. I'm in love with it already, and i don't even know how to play a single song  :D

Thanks man. Now, practice time =D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert