Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: My review on Roland digital piano F-130R  (Read 5425 times)

Offline jxw999

My review on Roland digital piano F-130R
on: May 27, 2015, 05:17:42 PM
So here's my experience with my roland F-130R if any of you is looking for advice on buying a digital piano. The sound quality is really good, they keys are lighter than these of an acoustic piano, but very responsive to touch (however I've seen some people complaining about the keys being sluggish). the only complaint I have is the key noise, which prevents me from playing late at night. I haven't tried that many digital pianos to know if it's a typical problem.

I recorded some sound samples on my own Roland F-130R is any of you guys are interested in checking out.

Offline lhorwinkle

Re: My review on Roland digital piano F-130R
Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 12:26:52 AM
All piano keys make some noise. But Rolands are louder than most others. Quite annoying.

Offline michael_sayers

Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 06:27:19 AM
All piano keys make some noise. But Rolands are louder than most others. Quite annoying.

Hi Lhorwinkle,

I have here, in addition to a pre-Soviet Petrof, also a Roland F-110 to avoid disturbing neighbors at odd hours, and I must say it has proven tremendously durable!

Mvh,
Michael

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 10:26:39 AM
I've actually just purchased one of the Roland F-130R's but I intend to use it for recording purposes...

I don't care about the noise, especially when I'm going to put it through this:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/the-grandeur/

Want to seriously start recording again and resume with my arrangements again.

Offline jimbo320

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 06:48:29 PM
You should check out the Yamaha CP4. I just purchased one to sit over my CP4. Either one would be an excellent choice IMHO...
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Music is art from the heart. Let it fly\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"...

Offline x984x

Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 11:13:10 AM
I recently purchased an RP401R; which is the same keyboard and electronics; just a different cabinet.

All pianos have keyboard noise, there's some variation from model to model, and even unit to unit, but I really don't think the Roland is particularly loud relative to other digitals (or even acoustics).

You notice it less on acoustics maybe because you never really are confronted with it? After all they are never off, or at low volume, or being pumped through headphones. But the noise is still there.

For what its worth, I've been VERY happy with the RP401R; like you I think the sound is really good; and I've been quite happy with the key action. I think they represent a very good instrument and excellent value.

This review is an interesting read...

https://azpianonews.blogspot.ca/2014/07/Roland-RP401R-Roland-F130R-REVIEW-Digital-Piano-Low-Price-new-model-supernatural-best-price.html

And virtually all reviews for these units have been very positive; both relative to other units in the price range, and its Roland predecessors.

There's no question that you can spend more and get an even better instrument. But I personally think this piano will take the average person pretty far.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert