Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Yousician Piano - Tell us what we're doing right.. and wrong  (Read 7197 times)

Offline theyous

Hello folks,

As it is my first post here, let me introduce myself: my name is Arnaud. I work at a company called Yousician - we develop apps to make music education easier/more enjoyable. Up to now we have encountered quite a lot of success working with guitarists (think of us as a real-guitar, real-method Guitar Hero). In that time we have been asked constantly about working on an app for piano, and so we started doing just that.

We have very recently released our first (private) alpha, and we are looking for pianists of all levels to test our app and tell us what is good/wrong, especially in terms of interface. Whether you think it's good or terrible, do not hesitate. If we are going a wrong way, we would much rather be told it now than realise it later and you are in the best position to judge.

Here is the link to the subscription page for those who would like to take a peek/a good look: https://app.yousician.com/piano https://app.yousician.com/piano

We would be really grateful if you took a bit of your time, even just five minutes to give us some feedback.

I hope to see some of you around, and don't hesitate to ask questions here if you have some - I might be a bit technically limited myself (I am a guitarist), but I have two piano teacher just behind me that I can easily bug. I will stick around anyways, it's a nice place you folks have here.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
*Scriabin would approve  ;)

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
*Scriabin would approve  ;)

Nope. The colours are all wrong.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
I'm sorry, but based on these quotes on your web-site...

Join waiting list, get playing early and have a say in what the future of piano lessons should look like.

and...

Learn faster and cheaper than ever with traditional lessons in a fun, educational game.

And considering you have to hand over your e-mail address just to see what it does, I'm going to go ahead and just post this here.

Offline dogperson

I tried to be 'helpful' and try out the piano Alpha... registered, installed and then tried to log into a piano section that I couldn't find...  was this posted prior to the Alpha testing being live ?  I have now deleted the download, and replied to the guitar-based emails with a 'remove me from your list'. 
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert