Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Ottawa pianists  (Read 3029 times)

Offline nastassja

• PS Silver Member
Ottawa pianists
on: July 25, 2015, 04:11:58 PM
Hi everybody!

I live near Ottawa and I was told there was a public piano at City Hall... have you ever played there? I'd like to go, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me?

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Re: Ottawa pianists
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 12:02:43 AM

I am sure there's a lovely piano there ... but it's just way too cold in Canada for me. :)

Offline nastassja

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 01:25:44 AM
It's not that cold in the summer  ;D (we're only freezing during the winter/spring months) In fact, the weather is usually good, we even have about 20 public pianos in Montreal, they leave the pianos outside for the whole summer, for both professional and amateur pianists... it is fun, I was hoping to renew the experience in my new city. Besides, I think the piano we have here is said to be a Steinway grand, so they're keeping it indoors, no need to worry about the cold  :)

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 12:38:28 PM
It's not that cold in the summer  ;D

my Dad's family is in Thunder Bay and I used to go there as a child way way way back in the 1960s and 70s...  it was so cold it was scary.  I remember throwing a cup of water off my grandmother's back porch and the water droplets freezing in mid air before they hit the ground.. 

it was so dark at night and you couldn't see the road only the snow blowing in front of the head lights...    ;D Then in the spring there were the bears... 

yeah...  lol... 

I live across the street from the gulf of mexico in what's known as the "deep south"-- 

we see snow about every 10 years or so...a flurry or two.   winter is about two weeks long.  No bears...instead there are alligators .. and we have hurricanes that are legendary..

but at least it's warm.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 04:48:08 AM
People here go to the beach when it's around 0C  8).  10C in January you say, that calls for shorts and sandals.  Just don't complain when it gets hot in the summer. 

Are the public pianos in Montreal an annual thing?
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert