\"\"
Piano Forum logo

Blind Piano VST Shootout: Cast your vote! (Read 1854 times)

Offline ashtonm

• PS Silver Member
Blind Piano VST Shootout: Cast your vote!
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:28:53 AM »

Here's a video I created where one section is of a real piano recording, and everything else is virtual instrumentation. Can you guess where the real section is? Most of all - which piano sounds the best to your ears?

If you'd like to know which is what, PM me and if you promise to keep a tight lip I'll go ahead and reveal it to ya. Albeit, not until after you've stated which piano is the best to your ears. ;D

Share your thoughts.

Ashton

Offline hfmadopter

• PS Silver Member
Re: Blind Piano VST Shootout: Cast your vote!
«Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:33:45 AM »
A lot of good ones, tough choices here. I liked 5 a lot, I think #5 is about as nice as I could get from my PC sound without hooking up to my sound system and may possibly be the real piano as well. But a couple of others stood out pretty well too. Hey if nothing else this shows how far VST has come, they can't all be the real piano lol !

Depressing the pedal on an out of tune acoustic piano and playing does not result in tonal color control or add interest, it's called obnoxious.

Offline ashtonm

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 10:20:01 PM »
A lot of good ones, tough choices here. I liked 5 a lot, I think #5 is about as nice as I could get from my PC sound without hooking up to my sound system and may possibly be the real piano as well. But a couple of others stood out pretty well too. Hey if nothing else this shows how far VST has come, they can't all be the real piano lol !
Very tough choice, indeed! I'm glad you liked them. It's actually not the real piano. ;) Like you said it just goes to show how far VST's have come! Thanks for chiming in and casting your vote.  :)

Ashton

Offline hfmadopter

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 08:32:07 AM »
You have a PM.
Depressing the pedal on an out of tune acoustic piano and playing does not result in tonal color control or add interest, it's called obnoxious.