Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Midi 49 keys with internal sound for headphones  (Read 2217 times)

Offline stigolsen

Midi 49 keys with internal sound for headphones
on: August 25, 2015, 05:40:58 PM
How aboutThe Novation Launchkey 49? Could I use that one with headphones or does it have to be connected to a computer or something? Any other good option? For learning piano in my sofa. Need to be weighted keys. 49 keys is ok for now.

Best, Stig

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Re: Midi 49 keys with internal sound for headphones
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 06:40:24 PM
If you want to learn piano, you'll have to get off the couch eventually, might as well make it now.

Offline stigolsen

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 06:02:59 AM
Hi,

Thank you.
Someone with a serious answer?

Stig

Offline hfmadopter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 01:24:32 PM
Hi,

Thank you.
Someone with a serious answer?

Stig

I think that was intended as a serious answer. You are among serious pianists here for the most part. Couch playing you might find more interest in at an electronic keyboard forum. This is classical related overall with likely equipment and posture, playing technique etc discussed. Slummed out out on a sofa won't cut it. Excuse the inference if you are physically handicapped but even then people do find ways to play seriously.

However, I believe your 49 key choice is midi only, which will require a decent DAW program. So ya, computer involvement. I've played hymnal music stuck on a 49 key synth, seriously limited in my style of playing I might add. Really restrictive in octave work etc. Stuck in the mid octaves all the time, PITA quite frankly. But it's what the church had.
Depressing the pedal on an out of tune acoustic piano and playing does not result in tonal color control or add interest, it's called obnoxious.

Offline stigolsen

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 09:32:07 PM
Thank you. Do you mean that there are no Midi keyboards that can take headphones?

Stig

Offline hfmadopter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 10:33:06 PM
Thank you. Do you mean that there are no Midi keyboards that can take headphones?

Stig

I didn't look close at the specs on your choice, I just saw DAW in the write up. Most synths have headphone jacks, many have on board sound libraries. I know of none off hand with speakers.

Edit: I just took a quick look, the Novation Launchkey is a midi controller not a synth. It packs with Ableton Live. You would need to hook up via USB to a computer
Depressing the pedal on an out of tune acoustic piano and playing does not result in tonal color control or add interest, it's called obnoxious.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert