Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Being a Piano Teacher  (Read 1982 times)

Offline joaosousa

• PS Silver Member
Being a Piano Teacher
on: September 12, 2015, 01:15:45 PM
Hey everyone, I am 14 and I've decided to become a professional classical pianist. I would like to know how is your experience being a piano teacher/pianist. How are the job opportunities in the city you live. Can I survive in a big city like London, Berlin, Paris, New York or San Francisco (etc.) being a qualified pianist/piano teacher? Some answers would really help me, thanks.

Offline tea42

• PS Silver Member
Re: Being a Piano Teacher
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 03:50:39 AM
You can definitely earn a living as a pianist. There are many avenues teaching, church music, composing to name a few. Personally I work full time as a teacher church pianist accompanist and I have my own online piano method. Between all of these things I make an ok living I am not rich but I love my work.

www.palomapiano.com

Offline schyeyen

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 02:31:19 PM
Hi I am a piano teacher for 15 years and I started as a one to one private piano teacher. Recently I tried to promote my music theory courses by advertising with other websites and now I have changed my teaching focus to music theory group lessons. This additional income has made my life better because group lessons allow me to increase my income significantly. Hope my sharing is helpful to you.

Cheers!

Regards
Jenny
www.wowpianowow.com

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 03:21:21 PM
Hi I am a piano teacher for 15 years and I started as a one to one private piano teacher. Recently I tried to promote my music theory courses by advertising with other websites and now I have changed my teaching focus to music theory group lessons. This additional income has made my life better because group lessons allow me to increase my income significantly. Hope my sharing is helpful to you.

Cheers!

Regards
Jenny

Miss Jenny...  that is brilliant :)   forget the OP---that was helpful to ME...lol
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert