Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: How to deal w/ Migraines?  (Read 1310 times)

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
How to deal w/ Migraines?
on: October 09, 2015, 09:09:58 PM
I'm dealing with a horrible migraine right now.
Took 3 naproxen tablets, so that should make things better.

Offline kawai_cs

Re: How to deal w/ Migraines?
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 09:18:57 PM
I am sorry to hear that :(
Somehow naproxen does nothing for me in terms of headache. I always use ibuprofen then and it works very good and fast.
I think it is good to figure out what might have caused the pain, like tension, stress, not enough water/drink during the day, bad pillow at night, etc  and try to eliminate/change that. 
Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 01:44:33 PM
Lock yourself in the basement turn off the lights and hide under the blankets for a few hours.
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 03:16:17 PM
Chart what you ate for a couple days prior.  Many people can reduce or eliminate migraines by identifying dietary triggers.  It worked for me.

Tim

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 04:07:36 PM
triggers can also be non nutritive in nature, ie bright lights, flashing, or certain wavelengths after certain point in the day. I would probably start journaling different environmental elements to zero in on what causes it. Even less sleep, stress, etc. are suspect.

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 05:09:00 PM
More sleep will do it, too.  They recommend a set schedule and never letting yourself sleep in more than an hour past your normal rising time on a day off.

They do decrease in frequency and intensity with age, at least in my experience.  But then, not everybody gets to my age.   

Tim
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert