Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Seeking Advanced Pianist To Give Premiere  (Read 1519 times)

Offline j_joe_townley

• PS Silver Member
Seeking Advanced Pianist To Give Premiere
on: December 05, 2015, 04:00:24 PM
Hope this is the right forum for this:

After a few refinements to my new composition, "3 Ghostly Waltzes"

I'll be seeking a pianist with advanced technique to discuss giving a premiere of my new piece. If the pianist has connections with an orchestra (s)he has previously played with that's a plus. The first two waltzes are not technically challenging but the third is very technically challenging in parts, having originally been part of my 2nd Piano Concerto which I separated from the concerto to add to the other two waltzes. You can see the piano part here:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/104558384/Ghostly-Waltz

Any interested pianists can post a note of interest or contact me via PM so we can talk about what resources are available to us and your fee.

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Re: Seeking Advanced Pianist To Give Premiere
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 05:24:22 PM
That is indeed pretty tricky in parts. I can't download the copy from Scribd, but would be interested to have a go at it. Any chance you could email me a copy? Looks like a nice piece.
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert