Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Bach as "digital" and "live"  (Read 1332 times)

Offline themaximillyan

• PS Silver Member
Bach as "digital" and "live"
on: February 04, 2016, 04:29:39 AM

Sounds as Bach to "digit" or the upright piano is not the essence of this movie. One player, different musical instruments and classical music. Tastes differ. The idea of the film to convey for a simple layman and professional musicians that music great genius survived the centuries. Bach is very "alive", even if it is a digital piano "Yamaha"

Offline iansinclair

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach as "digital" and "live"
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:58:32 PM
Somewhere or other I have an LP of the Brandenburg suites played on a synthesizer, back when synthesizers were brand new.  Very different, but the music -- and Bach's genius -- is clearly respected and beautifully done.  Some types of music it really doesn't matter what you play it on, provided the artist playing is an artist!
Ian

Offline themaximillyan

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach as "digital" and "live"
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 04:52:23 PM
Somewhere or other I have an LP of the Brandenburg suites played on a synthesizer, back when synthesizers were brand new.  Very different, but the music -- and Bach's genius -- is clearly respected and beautifully done.  Some types of music it really doesn't matter what you play it on, provided the artist playing is an artist!
I agree with you. Bach certainly sounds different in the digital and acoustic piano, but the genius of his music  is essentially " we are haering new sounds as would for us unknown  earlier  Bach"

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert