Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: What does "A Lost Soul" sound like?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline panolof

What does "A Lost Soul" sound like?
on: February 13, 2016, 05:20:50 PM
A lost soul - dedicated to my father

The 27th of March nears for the first time without my father and I don't know what to expect.
My family consists of 34 people, in South Africa. Every year 33/100 000 people are murdered in South Africa. Last year it was 35, now 34 ...

I have dread hanging over me like thunderclouds waiting to explode. Especially for my mom.
This world is a dark place. I composed the main theme in this improv in a dark place.
2-5 months after my dad died, this theme F-G-Ab arose and took many forms - by inverting itself, different keys, but still that simple F-G-Ab in f minor. You will hear this early-half-way through the improv.

Don't wait for someone else to die, or else a knife will be imbedded in your body like dread.

Love this world as you would in it's ideal state. Only then will change happen, and not by anyone else, but by you. Change prevents murder, but only the good change. Read and be literate and you may actually contribute good to this world - unlike our countries leaders at the moment.
As Barack Obama once said:" Change will not happen if we wait for some better place or some better time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

Pano Pouroullis