Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Ancient Chinese mythology  (Read 1316 times)

Offline rubinsteinmad

• PS Silver Member
Ancient Chinese mythology
on: February 18, 2016, 03:08:21 AM
Hello and help,
    I'm assigned to make a game (as in the programming classes), and I decided that one of the stages will use characters from the Ancient Chinese pantheon. However, I'm rather new to this topic, and it seems to lack the creativity of the legends of ancient Greece, Scandinavia, and Ireland.  

Can some of you please help me? I already know about the xian, or immortals/fairies/nymphs/spirits, and I know of the various gui, or ghosts/zombies/vampires. I've read through the Wikiepedia Article on Chinese Mythology. And I've skimmed through the summaries of the famous Chinese novels (i. e. Journey to the West). And of course, I have some idea of immortal realms., because I've read through the sypnosis of some Chinese TV Shows.  ::)