Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Calling all Classical Musicians in Recovery  (Read 1267 times)

Offline dapianiszt

Calling all Classical Musicians in Recovery
on: February 26, 2016, 01:18:02 AM
So its no secret that as artists we often find our selves feeling a little more than that of the average person. We can sometimes use music as an escape and that works great. Some of us use drugs as an escape.

So the point of this thread is for any one on this forum who is in recovery, be it mental illness, eating disorder, a drug addiction, or anything else causing dis ease in your life.

A very brief introduction from me. If this thread catches on I will share more.

I am a recovering heroin addict. I recently relapsed, I have 8 days clean and sober as of now. Withdrawals are almost all gone now and i am currently in a recovery home and attending a recovery meeting 6 days a week. I realized that i never built a support network last time i got out of treatment. So i am going about things very differently this time. I am getting numbers at every meeting. I am calling local friends a few times a week. I would like to see some of us connect through this and help support each other, with whatever is going on.

I would like to be very clear that I do not want any glorification of using on this thread.

So i now open this up to the rest of you! I really hope that this catches on in here because piano is very solitary and overcoming a drug addiction, or anything really, takes more than ones self!

stay open and honest!
Beware of missing chances; otherwise it may be altogether too late some day.
Franz Liszt

Offline yewtree

• PS Silver Member
Re: Calling all Classical Musicians in Recovery
Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:16:55 PM
I have no experience of taking drugs nor do I know a recoverer, but I do wish you well. 
It can't have been cheap getting hold of herion.  But I do hope you make a complete recovery.    Let us know your progress if that helps.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert