Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Piano Cover  (Read 1435 times)

Offline chart24

Piano Cover
on: March 08, 2016, 02:27:11 AM
Can people give me feedback on this piano cover?

Trying to figure out what I did wrong and right. What techniques should I focus on to improve?
I know I played it fairly fast due to how long most people cover it.
Appreciate it if you check it out.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piano Cover
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 03:19:59 AM
I'd work on pedaling more than anything else. You're getting a mushy sound; while a slightly blurry texture is sometimes desirable with this kind of music, it's over the top here.
Also work on balance between the hands. The bass line and melody are being played equally here, making the bass line overpowering when it's just outlining harmonies.

Offline chart24

Re: Piano Cover
Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 03:07:13 PM
Thats what I've been told about the pedal. I don't know why I play it with every song no matter what, I just like the echo effect, but I agree I probably use it.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert