Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Mozart Sonata k 330 is too easy?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline andrewcorrea

Mozart Sonata k 330 is too easy?
on: March 22, 2016, 05:54:48 PM
Hi Guys!
 I'm preparing a repertorie to apply for some competitions soon and as many of you know, they ask for a classical sonata from mozart, haydn or beethoven. I already played the beethoven No. 8 Op. 13 (Pathetique) but I think now it's a bit overplayed and I'm trying something new from mozart. I've listened a lot of sonatas and I choosed the k 330, but now I'm wondering if this doesn't sounds too easy. I personaly like this one, full of spirit! But I'm really worried about how it sounds like!

Thank you!

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Re: Mozart Sonata k 330 is too easy?
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 05:58:30 PM
Most Mozart sonatas, unfortunately, are often looked down upon as children's music by judges (at least in my experience).
That said, if you can play it WELL, by all means.
I'd also look at K332, in F major, which is a bit more musically involved and taken a little more seriously (not to say that the K330 isn't a great sonata; it is! However, judges tend to value Beethoven and Haydn more in my experience).

Offline andrewcorrea

Re: Mozart Sonata k 330 is too easy?
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 06:50:27 PM
Thank you! I will look into it!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert