Piano Forum

Topic: Could someone please help me find the name of this particular piece?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline yousafe007

I watched this video. The person in the video is a very renowned and brilliant harpsichordist named Mahan Esfahani. You should really listen to his recordings, especially his latest album known as time present and time past, and also the recording of all the harpsichord pieces of Jean-Philip Rameau.

I watched one of his videos online which was recorded by someone else, but I couldn't identify the piece which was being played in it. Could somebody help me find the piece's name? Will be very much appreciated. Here's the link:

Offline marijn1999

I wouldn't know which piece this is in particular, but it sounds very much like a composition dating from the transitional period from middle to late baroque. Something around the 1660's to 1700's.

Hope that helps!

BW,
Marijn
Composing and revising old pieces.
---------------------------------------
Visit my YouTube channel! (https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCR0LNNGEPY002W1UXWkqtSw)

Online brogers70

• PS Silver Member
Sounds like Rameau to me.

Offline shostglass

I believe it's Ground in C minor by Henry Purcell.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert