Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Im better than all of you at verbal memory (probably try and see)  (Read 1712 times)

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Test your verbal memory with this simple game. See how you stack up (im probably better than you because I'm randomly beast at thsi one task)
https://imgur.com/OwZZ3P7

Link to the game is here:
https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/verbal-memory

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
I don't need to do the test to know that I have worse memory than 95% of people  ;D

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
bump try this game out so you can see how much worse you are than me

Offline bachrach

• PS Silver Member
Got 167 on my first try. Not bad I think.

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
I love how you can see the "Start New Topic - Piano Forum" tab open ;D
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member

I like the torturous reaction time one better
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
bump try this game out so you can see how much worse you are than me

I got 61 points... But it's not fully comparable because of the foreign language.
This type of test is not so bad for me, since it kind of works with intuitive memory rather than deliberately trying to remember. I  made mistakes when I started to doubt myself and didn't fully trust my intuition.

Maybe I should do the number test...I would probably get the worst results ever... ;D

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Got 167 on my first try. Not bad I think.
That's really good, actually, lmao!
And yes above to outin it does test "intuitive memory" which i think is cool.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
You realise that if they had one on perfect pitch - I'd own you and everyone else here.

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
You realise that if they had one on perfect pitch - I'd own you and everyone else here.

not really a measure of intelligence, since either you have perfect pitch or you don't. So you would own everyone without perfect pitch and tie with everyone who does have it  ;D

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
So you would own everyone without perfect pitch and tie with everyone who does have it  ;D

True... but I'd be faster than everyone else with perfect pitch as well.

Plus - I don't see how memorising words is a sign of intelligence. It's a sign you have a good memory - Autistic people have fantastic memories (in a large amount of cases), but they can barely multiply.

You can memorise notes, I can memorise sounds.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
You can memorise notes, I can memorise sounds.

And I can't memorize anything...so it's clearly not any measure of intelligence ;)

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
I don't mean intelligence as in how smart you are. I mean intelligence, as in a random skill that can be developed.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
What if your skill can't be developed any further??? My record is being able to identify 6 notes played together on a piano... after that the overtones, make it very hard to distinguish.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
I don't mean intelligence as in how smart you are. I mean intelligence, as in a random skill that can be developed.

I doubt someone really intelligent would bother with a skill such as remembering random words...

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
What if your skill can't be developed any further??? My record is being able to identify 6 notes played together on a piano... after that the overtones, make it very hard to distinguish.

what ?   !!! thats crazy
And to outin, yes, i chose the wrong word, inteeligence is not the right one  ;)

Offline kalospiano

I envy you so much... Were you, like, born like that, or is it a skill that you developed with practice?

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
what ?   !!! thats crazy
And to outin, yes, i chose the wrong word, inteeligence is not the right one  ;)

I'll admit, I've only ever had anyone seriously test me on 6 notes a few times in my life, but I've never gotten them wrong... yet. As for single notes... My record is 80 identified notes in a single minute...

Born with it...

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member

Offline opus43

Active since 1706!

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member

Offline opus43

Active since 1706!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert