Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin's Nocturne in C minor Op.48  (Read 1817 times)

Offline didi100

Chopin's Nocturne in C minor Op.48
on: May 21, 2016, 11:23:05 PM
I've played piano for many years and play advanced pieces, however, i'm having a lot of problems with this piece, even practicing hands separately. It just doesn't seem to sound very good. Is anyone else out there having the same problems? Also, is the accent on the first note of the thirds octave runs descending and ascending before the Dopio Movimento?

Thanks.

Offline chomaninoff1

Re: Chopin's Nocturne in C minor Op.48
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 11:11:01 PM
I haven't studied this piece (yet ;) ), so I won't be able to give you specific advice, but I know the Doppio mvt is notoriously difficult.

If you have tried slowing it down and you still can't get it right, I would suggest playing something easier first. This piece is not going anywhere, and you can always play it when you feel you have a stronger technique.

Maybe play an easier Chopin etude to to strengthen technique.

What other pieces have you played?

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert