Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Is this New Age Jazz???  (Read 1058 times)

Offline panolof

Is this New Age Jazz???
on: May 22, 2016, 09:14:11 PM
So ... Time to Jazz up ... If you're not feeling it, go to the last 2 minutes where I play 3 different voices at once😅, rather difficult to play😬- and along with that, there's the harmony flowing in the background. 🙃
In these last 2 minutes think of a truly religious congregation screaming "AMEN" at the top of their lungs and praising the lord hysterically. The "AMEN" is that bottom note I keep hitting (not playing) very, VERY LOUD! But Wow! I enjoyed playing this today
🌊🌅🎹😏🎹🌅🌊

Offline josh93248

Re: Is this New Age Jazz???
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:24:25 AM
I'll be honest, while I didn't listen to the whole thing there are things to admire in this performance.

Though it wasn't gripping enough for me to spend 13 minutes listening to (maybe keep this in mind in future) You are certainly a better improviser than me for what it's worth. You have a few interesting ideas here and there even if you use a little too much repetition for me. This isn't usually my style of music, I usually prefer a planned performance rather than an improvised one.

What is your approach to improvisation? Do you have a process to improve?
Care to see my playing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqAtDI8LYOZ2ZzvEwRln7A/videos

I Also offer FREE PIANO LESSONS over Skype. Those who want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Re: Is this New Age Jazz???
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 01:32:09 AM
"jazz time"

lol

That made me smile. Keep writing, bro! :]

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert