Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Bach Partitas No 6  (Read 1771 times)

Offline amytsuda

• PS Silver Member
Bach Partitas No 6
on: June 06, 2016, 06:48:44 AM
Today was really a sad day. So I just thought to record myself and post this.

Caveat: last Gigue was recently learned so really rough patch....

Disclaimer: I am not a well-trained pianist, just an old amateur, so ugly tones, uneven legatos, empty sounds, rushing and unstable tempos everywhere.... but any thought how I can play with better tones and lines is appreciated...  

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach Partitas No 6
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:45:46 PM
bOOO BOO! No comments yet? I've only listened to the first movement and I love it! I'm also learning it at the moment. My fav partita.. :)

Will listen to more later.

Offline amytsuda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:26:32 AM
Thank you, mjames, for listening!

A person who is a mentor to me as well as many of my colleagues passed away yesterday, and I wanted to do something I wouldn't normally do to honor the person, and somehow I felt this Partitas is so deep for that purpose so I recorded myself.... I am upset that Gigue fell apart, but I couldn't get it up to the level in a few hours and I wanted to post this yesterday, so I just went ahead.

Offline thirtytwo2020

Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 07:20:50 AM
Well done!
Beautiful and very touching performance. I haven't had time to listen to it all, but at least in the Toccata I thought there was very little of that ugliness, unevenness and unstableness you mentioned... :)

Offline amytsuda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 12:00:36 AM
Thank you thirtytwo2020! I was really sad that day, so probably you hear it... I learned each movement in the order, so it starts out good and then deteriorates once it gets to newer ones, e.g. Gavotta..., but I guess most people won't get there...it's a long suite  ::)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert