Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Nadia Boulanger- Fantaisie pour piano et orchestre  (Read 2710 times)

Offline laarnidawn

Hello!

Does anyone have sheet music of Nadia Boulanger's Fantaisie pour piano et orchestre? Or at least know where to purchase? I've been looking for it online and I can't seem to find anything, even books or where to purchase.   :(

Thanks! :)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: Nadia Boulanger- Fantaisie pour piano et orchestre
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 03:34:29 PM
she passed away in 1979, it's copyrighted.  first try the foundation:
Centre international Nadia et Lili Boulanger
25 avenue des Gobelins  –  75013  Paris – France
or else, telephone or fax us:
Tel / Fax : +33 (0)1 45 35 09 43
or else, send an e-mail to:
centre@cnlb.fr

they should have the best info on how to get it, however they will likely need know why it's needed and you may need to get written permission from them to learn it for performance. if it's academic, a copy of your current enrollment status at your music conservatory or university so you can access it under creative commons and for research purposes.

this likely is out of print and would need to be requested via loan from a music school or conservatory or rented as as a print on demand from one of the larger distributors.  first places to look would be schirmer and hal leonard, contact thier score rental divisions and talk to a rep if they don't have the rights they might be able to let you know who does. Durand and Heugel-Cie might be optins to call up and to look into.

this one i don't actually have so don't have a definate source for your to inquire but i were looking for it that's where i'd start

maybe Thalbergmad knows who holds the rights and a score (not even sure this is available in a reduction, you were not clear if  you need a full conductor score or a two piano rehearsal score, the latter is not always available/an option)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert