Piano Forum logo
July 22, 2018, 01:12:00 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Master Class with Leon Fleisher: The Late Schubert Sonatas

Filmed during a Professional Training Workshop in New York, Franz Schubert’s late piano sonatas come to life in this performance guide that includes video clips, written commentary, and an animated score, allowing the user to simultaneously watch Mr. Fleisher teach from the keyboard and study the notated music. Select any combination of 24 separate video clips from six categories to build your own tailor-made video master class from a range of topics. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short story featuring Peabody, "Ondine" and two amazing pianists  (Read 467 times)
earleaw
PS Silver Member

« on: June 30, 2016, 12:58:09 PM »

Hi everyone,

I posted here about six months ago looking for some answers to research regarding my short story. Everyone was very helpful and gave me some great ideas.

Anyway, I finished the short story and if you are interested in reading it you can find it here:
https://curtainfalls.wordpress.com/

Synopsis:
Robert, an old widower, desperately reflects on his life in an empty hospital room as he tries to answer a seemingly simple question: why am I dying alone?

Amy copes with a drug-abusing mother, unpaid tuition and overdue rent during her senior year at a prestigious music school in Baltimore.

A smoke alarm and “Ondine,” an impossibly difficult piano piece, bring Robert and Amy together in this story about the fleeting bond between a young woman and a dying man.

Thanks again for all of your help! You guys are the best!
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: