Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Future problems with teachers  (Read 1158 times)

Offline faa2010

• PS Silver Member
Future problems with teachers
on: July 07, 2016, 10:57:02 AM
I have been in singing classes with 2 teachers at the same time, one of them has been coordinated by my piano teacher. When I began my singing second classes, I couldn't find the time or I even forget to tell her about them.

Unfortunately this week it seems that she found it out but not through me, which makes me feel guilty and bad because I haven't told her on time. Maybe she knows, maybe not and I am just drowning myself in a glass of water. Of what I can reach to know is that both teachers are pretty calm and they can be understandable, but I am still afraid for not telling things on time and that my piano teacher will get angry with me.

I can accept that my mistake is that  I didn't tell her on time, but I am scared to face the consequences.

What is the right thing to do?

PS I know that there are some teachers who have a big ego, I hope my piano teacher is not one of them, although it is more probable that my other singing teacher is.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: Future problems with teachers
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 12:09:49 PM
Just tell your teacher(s).  The message straight from the source is likely deemed more reliable than the gossip of he-said-she-said.  If you continue to be sincere and honest with your teachers, they will hopefully pay less attention on what others say about you and more focus on what you say and feel.  Unless of course they are the kinds of people that bathe in gossip.  It is likely not as bad as you think it is. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert