Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Need help on RH fingerings  (Read 1058 times)

Offline piano6888

Need help on RH fingerings
on: August 06, 2016, 04:35:22 AM
I'm working on a difficult piano piece and I'm stumped on whether my RH fingering for the passage is sufficient or not.  I've attached a screenshot of an excerpt of the sheet music at the location that I'm stuck at.  The name of the piece is Lunatic Eyes - Invisible Full Moon by ZUN (arranged by Aojiru).  Aojiru arranges some really fun, yet technically demanding pieces and I love to play these pieces, yet I'd rather not let a silly segment ruin such an majestic piece like this.
-

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: Need help on RH fingerings
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 04:53:42 AM
2132 4132 5132 4132
or
2132 5132 5132 5132

I like the first one because it does not require shifting the 5th finger between black and white keys, thus more economy of movement. 

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline 109natsu

• PS Silver Member
Re: Need help on RH fingerings
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 09:55:57 PM
I agree with quantum. First one is definitely much better. Or you can try 2131 4132 5131 4132 if it better suits you to shift the thumb first. I feel like I'm dialing a telephone number... so happy practicing.

Natsu

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert