Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: HELP! a young pianist from Cairo, Egypt.  (Read 1257 times)

Offline sandyashraf

HELP! a young pianist from Cairo, Egypt.
on: August 26, 2016, 01:58:19 PM
Hello, i've been studying piano on my own with private teachers as the music conservatory here is not good at all. i reached what i think an advanced level with my teacher from Georgia, latest thing i played was the Chopin - Ballade no. 1. i wanted to ask you, how do i pursue a professional career, where do i get a degree knowing that i'm not very good financially, i'm 22 by the way. i searched a bit and found music schools in Germany with fees no more than 500 euros (which i can afford). what i can't afford is accommodation and living expenses. so what should i do? Thank you :)

Offline adodd81802

• PS Silver Member
Re: HELP! a young pianist from Cairo, Egypt.
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 03:33:28 PM
"England is a country of pianos, they are everywhere."

Offline adodd81802

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 03:34:04 PM
Tidy up your German and get a part time Job!! Joking aside -

I have seen people sponsored - I think a few members on here, auditioned and got sponsored to cover their costs you could consider that as an alternative.

https://gb.abrsm.org/tr/about-abrsm/sponsorship/international-sponsorship-fund/

As part of our ongoing work to support and encourage music learning around the world we introduced an international sponsorship fund in 2011 that we opened to any individual, group or music organisation outside the UK and Ireland engaging in activities that inspired more people to participate in music, music teaching and learning.

I'm not sure if that example completely applies to yourself, but have a look online for ideas like that.

this might be better

https://www.ram.ac.uk/study/studying-at-the-academy/financial-support

Financial Support
New Scholarships and Bursaries at the Royal Academy of Music
Inspiring the next generation on a platform of excellence
The Royal Academy of Music attributes its reputation as one of the finest conservatoires in the world to the exceptionally gifted students who arrive on its doorstep each year and to the world-class teaching staff and luminaries who train them. We believe musical talent should not be impeded by financial constraint and we are therefore dedicated to raising funds for the talented and needy. Our collective desire to promote outstanding achievement is reflected in our recent successes in raising new funds.
The Academy distributes significant amounts of funding each year.
Our funding supports undergraduate and postgraduate students from the UK, the EU and other countries overseas. Funding is awarded based on both merit and need. In a few cases we can assist students in extreme financial hardship. We rely on the generosity of individuals and charitable organisations to provide financial support for our students and every effort is made to increase the amount available to us on an annual basis.
"England is a country of pianos, they are everywhere."

Offline sandyashraf

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 12:44:41 PM
Thank you for replying :) i will definitely start learning German haha
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert