Piano Forum

Topic: Couperin - The Mysterious Barricades  (Read 1395 times)

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
Couperin - The Mysterious Barricades
on: October 12, 2016, 03:18:50 PM
just for fun posting the very beautiful harmonic study, the Mysterious Barricades. it has a gorgeous rich sound in the tenor range of the piano and works so well for that instrument. i played this as an encore after Le tombeau. even though they are really not related!

Offline etudist

Re: Couperin - The Mysterious Barricades
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:46:12 PM
Great playing! I love this piece, always a pleasure to listen to it.
I found your tempo just perfect. This piece tends to be played too fast very often.
I liked this version of Barricades very good. However I am curious how a more "baroque" version of this piece in your rendition would sound?

Offline kalospiano

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 02:58:01 PM
very nice piece and very nicely played

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 10:43:42 AM
Great playing! I love this piece, always a pleasure to listen to it.
I found your tempo just perfect. This piece tends to be played too fast very often.
I liked this version of Barricades very good. However I am curious how a more "baroque" version of this piece in your rendition would sound?

yes, about your last question, it would probably sound different, but i decided that i like to play baroque music the way i like to play it, even if it is not so style-appropriate. i can admit that at least. the beauty of the piece is in the intricate way he built up a full harmony, and how in each verse he finds a new direction to take it. it's not 'dramatic' but there's a harmonic narrative nonetheless. thanks for listeing
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert