Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: post cringe-worthy recordings of yourself [chopin 3rd scherzo0oops]  (Read 1566 times)

Offline rob47

• PS Silver Member
Here's a different idea for a thread:

For some catharsis post your worst recordings that have tonnes of stuff you hate about them for critique and maybe get hopeful advice and encouragement
post what you hate about the performance

to quote the legendary bren, 'we all crash and burn at some point'

here's me performing chopin's 3rd scherzo where i basically screw up anytime there is something even remotely difficult; it was underpraticed and the unison passage at the end is actually very difficult and that part probably i hate the most but lots of other things as well; the descending eighth notes i do some cheesy hesitation before starting most of them which i hate, and sometimes my left hand just doesn't even try to match the right hand; tone is ok but lots of smahsing and slapping at the keys and inconsistent octave voicing

i actually got paid for this recital (other pieces were a bit better)

this thread willl hopefully become a hilarious dump of terrible eff ups we've all had that we can laugh at and remember we're all in this together!

tl;dr post your recordings you literally don't want anyone to hear and accept we all make mistakes

best,
rob47

p.s. feel free to make excuses like how i did (under-practiced or whatever)
"Phenomenon 1 is me"
-Alexis Weissenberg

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Great topic, i usually destroy my cringe worm in fits of artistic rage....i dont know if any survived. hmm will have to check....

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert