Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Volodos Turkish March fingering help  (Read 2707 times)

Offline geoffhuang

• PS Silver Member
Volodos Turkish March fingering help
on: March 11, 2017, 02:18:14 AM
Hi, I was wondering how I should finger these four chords in Volodos's arrangement of Turkish March?

I have tried 14 25 24 13 and 25 14 25 14 but neither seem optimal. What do you guys think? Is one of these fingerings actually good and I just need more practice, or is there a better fingering out there?

Offline abel2

Re: Volodos Turkish March fingering help
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 02:34:47 AM
I would reccomend 5/2, 4/1, 3/2, 4/1

Offline geoffhuang

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 06:16:05 AM
thanks

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 01:01:36 PM
I would not make it harder than it needs to, i redistribute all the time
5/2   4/1 3/2    1

Explained- give the thumb [1] the top note of next  and give the lower to the left hand, it is already there this solves an unneccessarily awkward 4 after 3 in a decending line in the right hand. This way you only have to do a cross over single thumb and the third of next measure naturally can be hit w 4/2

Abel2 gave you a solid way to position Yourself to split that final interval between the two hands
You can play around with how you will finger the lh but i would likely do a
531.  42.  1 lh on the precedung triad and third qhich gives you your thumb of lh free to take that g

Set yourself up to take advantage of your lh thumb being in  the proper register immediately preceding it

Offline geoffhuang

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 03:22:16 AM
thanks

Offline mike_lang

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 12:39:29 PM
Hi, I was wondering how I should finger these four chords in Volodos's arrangement of Turkish March?

I have tried 14 25 24 13 and 25 14 25 14 but neither seem optimal. What do you guys think? Is one of these fingerings actually good and I just need more practice, or is there a better fingering out there?

My first instinct was your second option (25142514) . . . just needs to be practiced. Make sure your hand is both released and at the right/advantageous angle, too (this may take some experimentation).
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert