Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: screen capture / video dubbing ideas?  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
screen capture / video dubbing ideas?
on: April 10, 2017, 12:19:16 AM
I might get access to some training DVDs, a whole set.  More than I can or would want to watch at once. 

But I won't have it that long.  It's not going to be enough time to really absorb material either.

The ideas are the important part.  Quality does not have to be there, either audio or video.  Cassette tape audio and VHS tape video is more than enough.

So....

I imagine I could through a set of DVDs and make notes/copy out more relevant parts.  It's easy enough to do that with audio or text -- screen shots, audio clips, that works.  Video I haven't done before.

What options are there for capturing video off a DVD?  That's what I'm wondering.  The extreme would be copying the entire DVD.  Probably not great, but maybe it's an option.  The other idea I was thinking was capturing a video/audio of the screen while the DVD is playing.

This isn't for pirating a movie.  The way I'm describing it kind of sounds similar.  I'm thinking more like note taking but with video clips.  Although the entire thing would be simpler... I was thinking about just buying it but I probably wouldn't need it indefinitely like that.

After I've studied it out enough, I think writing/typed notes would work to jog my memory.  I'm still thinking it's just going to be easier to add being able to capture video to my arsenal for note taking.

Any ideas on how to capture video?  Software recommendations?

Copying the whole thing sounds easiest but probably not the best idea.  Or even possible with restrictions now.  So I was thinking it might end up being watch it once, take notes, make video clip notes.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: screen capture / video dubbing ideas?
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:56:21 PM
A little late, but this might work.  I haven't tried it yet.

https://obsproject.com/download
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert