Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Shostakovich Trio no2 Concert Recording  (Read 1170 times)

Offline daniele1234

Shostakovich Trio no2 Concert Recording
on: April 23, 2017, 09:09:00 PM
Hello, everyone. Today I present to you a recording of my school trio playing Shsotakovich trio no2 from our recent concert at school. Overall, I think its a sound performance but of course will leave you up to decide. We only had 15 minutes to prepare in the actual concerto hall (and thus on the actual piano itself) and so (my fault) I did not realise that the hall had a big resonance and so my staccato tends so sound more legato than it would normally - hence partially explaining the overly-legato touch at some points in my playing (not trying to just make up excuses).My piano playing is a bit too loud, sometimes dwarfing the other instruments (especially in softer sections), but I think this is because for some reason I was playing on a Steinway grand D with the lid OPEN and so sometimes the violin and cello were completely dwarfed. We aren't completely in tune but then again we are just a school trio (year 10 UK - 9th grade US) so can't expect the best! Unfortunately, for some reason the person recording accidentally paused the recording for roughly 20 seconds and so the recording misses out a page (page 5 I think) but then unpauses it again and recording goes at norma. Hope you enjoy! As always, all comments/feedback/criticism welcomed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmsi35yrwbgfu75/Apr%2C%2021%2019_42_02.wav?dl=0

(When you click link, a pop-up will come up asking you to sign up for an account. Click the x in the top right hand corner of the pop-up, and then you will be able to listen to the recording without having to sign up or anything).
Currently learning:

- Schumann Kreisleriana
- Franck Prelude, Chorale and Fugue
- Xenakis Herma

Offline daniele1234

Re: Shostakovich Trio no2 Concert Recording
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 06:48:43 PM
bump...
Currently learning:

- Schumann Kreisleriana
- Xenakis Herma

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:33:25 AM
Either your link doesn't work or dropbox's just really confusing to use, because what you posted redirects me to my own homepage. I'm pretty sure that no one bothered to tell you that. Maybe post it on a website like youtube that's more accessible to use?

Offline daniele1234

Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 06:47:57 AM
@mjames I've updated the link so it should work now. Could you try it and let me know?
Currently learning:

- Schumann Kreisleriana
- Xenakis Herma

Offline brogers70

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 12:55:07 AM
The site still wanted us to sign up for a dropbox account. You'd probably get more people listening if you just went with youtube.

Offline daniele1234

Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 08:54:16 AM
@brogers70 With the new link posted, it is not necessary to sign up. Yes, when you click the link there is a pop-up which asks you to sign-up, but if you click the x in the right hand corner, you close the pop-up and you will then be able to hear the recording without having to sign up.

Unfortunately, I am not able to get the mp3 version of the recording, hence why I am using dropbox.
Currently learning:

- Schumann Kreisleriana
- Xenakis Herma

Offline daniele1234

Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 08:10:44 PM
So, anyone found that it works?
Currently learning:

- Schumann Kreisleriana
- Xenakis Herma
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert