Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Jean-Philippe Rameau: Suite in A minor, Allemande (from Pieces de Clavecin II)  (Read 1634 times)

Offline alexjr1543

Recorded in Audacity using a cheap Logitech microphone.

I am sorry about the slip-ups and the fact that the piano is slightly out of tune.

I don't really know much about performing French Baroque music, and my knowledge mostly comes from bits and pieces of info I found on the Internet as well as observations I have made listening to recordings. I am quite sure that I am doing a lot of things wrong here.

I would like you to be as detailed as possible in your feedback. Have I been going overboard on the ornamentation, not using it enough, or using it inappropriately? Was I too free with the rhythm? How is the overall quality of the performance? Should I simply not bother playing it on the piano or on an equal-tempered instrument? All feedback would be appreciated.

Offline alexjr1543

Sorry, forgot to attach the file.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert