Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Keichi Okabe (Keigo Hoashi)-Snow in Summer, Nier Gestalt & Replicant Piano Col  (Read 1569 times)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
3rd in the lineup i worked up for my teacher's studio recital (was a last minute decision for me as I was on the fence on whether or not i would participate) but with a couple weeks or so got this up to snuff to put it on the program to round out my selections, which I think total came in about about 11-12 minutes of music.
Originally heavily slanted towards children's chorus, this is a really cool little adaptation for piano and I feel works especially well.  Challenge in this is in making it move as middle faster section has a tendency to want to get stagnant. overall I was not too pleased with the original released CD playing of this and the Shadowlord I performed, just felt there wasn't a lot of variety in texture dynamics, and general tension/release. I did what I could to up the drama here and I believe I worked (I certainly liked my performance better than the CD track but to each his own, the original isn't bad, it's just a bit bland for my tastes).

recorded w dual olympus mics, high sensitivity, schimmel 7 foot semi concert grand.

thanks for listening  :)

Offline dogperson

Hi Visitor
This was not repertoire of which I was familiar-- but I really enjoyed this!  And YES, you increased the drama of the midddle section.  Well done  :)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Hi Visitor
This was not repertoire of which I was familiar-- but I really enjoyed this!  And YES, you increased the drama of the midddle section.  Well done  :)
hi dogperson, thanks for taking time to listen and comment im. I appreciate your warm remarks the selection of the work and my playing/take on it. Many times i think we are tempted to emmulate other artists recordings of pieces rather than giving into and unpacking our own sentiments and approaches to some works, especially with regard to pieces limited to a single published recording..
I am happy my rather different impression on this music worked out well and that i was able to present something less familiar but still enjoyable to you.

I hope you liked the other two pieces i played as well, do let me know if you get a chance to listen to them and have any feesback on those as well, your opinion is important to me  8)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
How did you know we are having the coldest summer ever? It has been snowing in many parts of the country... ???

I liked this piece better than the other one. And again, your playing was most enjoyable, thanks for sharing! Good recording too.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
How did you know we are having the coldest summer ever? It has been snowing in many parts of the country... ???

I liked this piece better than the other one. And again, your playing was most enjoyable, thanks for sharing! Good recording too.
haha hi outin, i guess the piece could be called Tuesday in Finland I suppose. I am glad my playing of this one was convincing, i especially like the chorale intro and varation on the intial chorale that closes the piece, and the 'bells' at the end, sort of like funeral chimes, or something like that.

i have a great little recorder that seems to do a pretty good job in difference recording environments  , i was happy to see how these came out with pretty good sound detail capture.  :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert