Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Prokofiev's Juvenilia in d minor (Lento)  (Read 2669 times)

Offline jimf

• PS Silver Member
Prokofiev's Juvenilia in d minor (Lento)
on: July 01, 2017, 03:52:06 PM
Hey there to everyone!

Currently I've come across something unexpected. I listened to Frederic Chiu's Prokofiev Complete Piano works (on spotify), where 18 juvenilias have been recorded. Juvenilia number 6 (Lento in d minor) has imho one of the most beautiful melodies Prokofiev wrote. However, I have only come across one Juvenilia sheet music collection on the internet and it does not include it!
Since Chiu has recorded it, it surely exists somewhere as sheet music...
Could someone help me?

Thank you in advance,
Dimitris

Offline dogperson

Re: Prokofiev's Juvenilia in d minor (Lento)
Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:46:05 PM
This was not something I'd heard previously, but you're right it is wonderful so therefore Ive also looked for the score.

There is a 2004 thread here, where there were other people looking for the score and were not successful.

There is one possibility IVe found but it requires a membership to view the PDF,  and I am not a member. Hopefully someone is here and can help you out by looking  

https://classical-music-online.net/en/production/4680

Offline jimf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 12:17:55 AM
Thank you dogperson, this may actually be the only source I could have potentially found.
Now, let's hope someone with an account there can help!

Offline jimfaston

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 11:29:36 PM
Sorry, but it is the same collection of 13 pieces that has been circulating the internet for over 10 years.

Offline dogperson

Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 11:47:53 AM
Sorry, but it is the same collection of 13 pieces that has been circulating the internet for over 10 years.

Thanks Jim for posting your reply. It's not the answer that either the OP or I wanted, but at least we know.  Just curious about the subscription to classical music online:   Have you been able to find piano scores  there  not available elsewhere?

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 01:57:35 PM

Thanks Jim for posting your reply. It's not the answer that either the OP or I wanted, but at least we know.  Just curious about the subscription to classical music online:   Have you been able to find piano scores  there  not available elsewhere?
when i had access before it went to subscriptons years ago i manly used as a way to access rare audio, it had option to contribute a score to an audio upload access page, and on few occassions i saw a score attached, it was not anything i recall that i could not already find easily elsewhere  in the interwebz. Not sure how different it is these days now that they charge for access
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert