Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Throwing Paint  (Read 2190 times)

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Throwing Paint
on: July 13, 2017, 01:48:37 PM
A mad, terribly fatigued scrambling energy expenditure timed checked at 12:30 AM at a time (2013 it appears) I would have still had an hour commute home. An hour commute on which to consider what it is I had just done.
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: Throwing Paint
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 02:06:45 PM
You have some serious chops at the piano sir! I enjoyed it. It suddenly becomes more conventional harmonically around 5 minutes in, I don't hear you use those sorts of sounds terribly often.

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 11:39:49 AM
Really nice! My favorite part is the portion around 7:00. It reminds me quite a bit of Bartok.

Offline chopinatic2

Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:50:58 PM
Really interesting stuff!

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 02:42:03 PM
This is quite something!    ;D

I remember doing late evening practice sessions at the university and can relate.  Sometimes I would just keep on playing even though exhausted and facing a similar hour long commute.  Something about the solace in making music, rather than tackle the commute home. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert