Piano Forum

“The Pianist” Movie – A True Story
It is often difficult to understand the present even if you know your history, but watching Polanski’s movie “The Pianist” can at least help us to understand the greatness of music as an artform and that humanism can be found even in the darkest places and situations. Inspirational, educating and deeply touching it is indeed reflecting very important topics from the saddest sides of humanity. Read more >>

Topic: Looking for a new piano piece  (Read 1370 times)

Offline radzikus

• PS Silver Member
Looking for a new piano piece
on: July 21, 2017, 01:31:21 PM
Hi, im looking for a new piece to learn that's "similar" to the opening theme of Ludomir Rozycki's Rhapsodie op.33 but for solo piano.

Any suggestions?

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: Looking for a new piano piece
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:41:36 PM
This is too broad and open ended to yield anything useful.  You dont really specify what aspect of an endemble work you are drawn to and no limit guiding parameter on chronology, form, tonal idiom,  nationality, length of piecr etc
I listened and was reminded of some similatities to some pieces

So far as style and sound, Kornauth comes to mind

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:49:42 PM
Some of the so sonorities brimg Mocranjac  etudes to mind, this one in particular

Offline radzikus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 07:08:33 PM
Yea, mayby the question was too vague. I've been into Rozycki's works alot lately but can't find anything to play solo.
This part of his piano concerto from 15:31 to 20ish is something i'm looking for but it's not really solo.
&t=1643s
And 26:32 to 27:49 just blows my mind, i think I'm gonna learn this just for fun if I can.
Thanks for your input:)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert