Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Liszt - Sonata in B minor (Enzo) - for Dave (furtwaengler)  (Read 1943 times)

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
"Thanks so much, Emill. I must now see it Enzo's Liszt is shared around here. I've not heard it and that would mean much to me. "    furtwaengler

Hello Dave,

May I share this with you and EVERYONE ELSE.  This was during a recital at Eastman and I must say Enzo has gone a some way since we started posting here in 2006.  Hope you may like it and as always we value your comments .....  at the moment Enzo will be starting this Fall his Masters program in the same school.

MANY, MANY THANKS for all the support and encouragement all these years and as always comments and observations are most welcome.

emill

a hehe moment:  I don't know if Enzo got taller but his pants or socks shrunk? (:-))!!
The recording was downloaded from a live stream.
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Re: Liszt - Sonata in B minor (Enzo) - for Dave (furtwaengler)
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:09:15 AM
Wow! He’s come a long way since Liebestraume! This is a very polished, patient, mature performance carefully detailed down to the micro level. The details are consistent and logical and fit the big picture. And such overwhelming power and conviction! His dynamic control and suspense, knowing when to really let loose...it’s all there. It’s a towering accomplishment to say the least. I don’t think I’ve ever done anything that close to perfect in my life.

It is a wonderful thing about this website to watch stories of lives unfold. When you first introduced us to Enzo he was this interesting and passionate Wunderkind and I’ve enjoyed watching him grow and surpass me. You appear to have done well allowing him to chase these dreams and support him in a dangerous field in a dangerous world. I don’t see that there would be anything holding him back from doing anything he desires in the music world, whether that be a solo career, a teaching position or both. I’d love to be in the room one day to hear him play. Has he decided what his focus is going to be in his masters? I really cannot wait to see what unfolds next.

Thanks for sharing this with me. It is a phenomenal treat. You may want to know that the Liszt B minor may have been the first piece I ever wanted to play and it’s been a lifelong love.
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 11:39:47 AM
What a fantastic performance. Both lyrical and also full of rhythmic drive when needed, very impressive indeed. I hope more people will take the time to listen to this. You should be proud - I hope to see his career develop and progress.
My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 04:04:11 AM

It is a wonderful thing about this website to watch stories of lives unfold. When you first introduced us to Enzo he was this interesting and passionate Wunderkind and I’ve enjoyed watching him grow and surpass me. You appear to have done well allowing him to chase these dreams and support him in a dangerous field in a dangerous world.

Hello Dave ....

Above all, my gratitude for making this dad's heart feel so joyful even for a moment with such generous comments.

May I also apologize for the "silence" Enzo has frequently displayed.  We have always been protective for him and were so scared to let him leave for Eastman, always worried how he will relate to the world, now that he is on his own.  He keeps to himself "all" of time, has very few "friends", speaks only a few words and practically never goes out.  That is probably one of the main reasons why he chose Rochester, NY,  (crapchester for some) where it is so cold 8 months of the year and has a "small, rural, quiet town" atmosphere over conservatories in New York, Boston, Baltimore and San Francisco who accepted him.  But he is so different when it comes to performing.  He loves to perform even on short notice, never shy or afraid or nervous .... and he loves to teach.  He is totally and instantly transformed into a different person when it comes to those.

"A dangerous field, a dangerous world" ....  yes, fully agree, ... so many talented and prodigious musicians, "waylaid by the roadside". 

Still afraid and worried, but less after each year as he transforms himself into a more mature and competent pianist.  I have seen him perform and teach piano music majors here during his summer breaks and I am most surprised at his confidence and growth, he seems to leap exponentially with each year.  With a Masters degree from Eastman, hopefully in 2 years, he will survive here (Philippines) as a teacher in a worse case scenario. ;D   Although Enzo diligently works hard, we have also a lot to thank Eastman for granting him a full tuition scholarship and a graduate award, without which we could NEVER afford sending him there.  Truly his American sojourn has done him well.   

So Many Thanks again for all the support, all these  years.

What a fantastic performance. Both lyrical and also full of rhythmic drive when needed, very impressive indeed. I hope more people will take the time to listen to this. You should be proud - I hope to see his career develop and progress.

Hi Andrew,
Coming from an excellent pianist like you,  makes me swell with joy some more! ;D 
Many, Many THANKS ....
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert