Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Fugue in Eb minor (orig)  (Read 1058 times)

Offline themeandvariation

• PS Silver Member
Fugue in Eb minor (orig)
on: August 11, 2017, 04:30:50 PM
This is my latest fugue.
All comments are appreciated.
Thanks for listening

https://soundcloud.com/gregoriox88/fugue-in-eb-minor-fnl-mod-20
4'33"

Offline nickc

• PS Silver Member
Re: Fugue in Eb minor (orig)
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 11:58:12 PM
Fantastic... very creative contrapuntal conversations interwoven throughout the composition. Your harmonic language and understanding is deep... thanks for sharing. Needs to be performed live to be truly appreciated.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 01:39:56 AM
I don't usually like traditional fugues but I like this one. It has plenty of spontaneous energy and life, as if it wants to burst out of its form, especially towards the end.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 05:18:33 PM
Thanks so much, Nick.  I've been so busy in the writing lately, i haven't got round to recording my latest batch, but will soon. (Hopefully my manipulation of dynamics, articulation, etc, gives the listener a strong enough impression..)
Thank you for listening and your kind words. 
T.
4'33"

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 05:30:46 PM
Ted, thank you for giving this a whirl. It is heartening to me that one who is not so predisposed to liking fugues found this musical.  It is indeed trying to burst - or at least shake off some of the traditional treatment, (mostly  in service to the emotional 'line') .. Im glad its sense of spontaneity came off! I appreciate your enthusiastic response:)
4'33"
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert