Piano Forum logo
November 22, 2017, 05:44:07 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Wigmore Hall As Schiff's Magic Laboratory

Sir Andras Schiff's eloquence as a teacher and profound insights as a thinker about music make his Masterclass sessions irresistible to participants and audiences alike. Through the course of this event an outstanding young musician, chosen by Sir András himself, will explore some of the repertoire featured in the previous evening's concert. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fugue in Eb minor (orig)  (Read 226 times)
themeandvariation
PS Gold Member

« on: August 11, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »

This is my latest fugue.
All comments are appreciated.
Thanks for listening

https://soundcloud.com/gregoriox88/fugue-in-eb-minor-fnl-mod-20
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

4'33"
nickc
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 11:58:12 PM »

Fantastic... very creative contrapuntal conversations interwoven throughout the composition. Your harmonic language and understanding is deep... thanks for sharing. Needs to be performed live to be truly appreciated.
ted
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 01:39:56 AM »

I don't usually like traditional fugues but I like this one. It has plenty of spontaneous energy and life, as if it wants to burst out of its form, especially towards the end.

"It's a caution, grandson !"  -  My grandmother's reaction to almost any issue of the day.
themeandvariation
PS Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »

Thanks so much, Nick.  I've been so busy in the writing lately, i haven't got round to recording my latest batch, but will soon. (Hopefully my manipulation of dynamics, articulation, etc, gives the listener a strong enough impression..)
Thank you for listening and your kind words. 
T.

4'33"
themeandvariation
PS Gold Member

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 05:30:46 PM »

Ted, thank you for giving this a whirl. It is heartening to me that one who is not so predisposed to liking fugues found this musical.  It is indeed trying to burst - or at least shake off some of the traditional treatment, (mostly  in service to the emotional 'line') .. Im glad its sense of spontaneity came off! I appreciate your enthusiastic response:)

4'33"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: