Piano Forum logo
October 23, 2018, 11:52:23 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

BBC Award for a Life With Chopin

Chopin’s piano music does have a prominent place in the classical music repertoire. Janina Fialkowska’s Chopin Recital II recording on ATMA Classique confirmed the fact when it recently won the prestigious BBC Music Magazine Award for Best Instrumental Recording of 2012. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chopin Ballade No. 2  (Read 448 times)
transcendental
PS Silver Member

« on: September 05, 2017, 03:31:50 AM »

Hope you enjoy it!

* Chopin Ballade No. 2.mp3 (7695.47 KB - downloaded 34 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
clouseau
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 03:44:45 AM »

Really nice! Bravo
Hard piece
I never quite understood that sudden pause.. it must have a special meaning in the piece

"What the devil do you mean to sing to me, priest? You are out of tune." - Rameau
transcendental
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:23:06 AM »

what sudden pause?
clouseau
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »

I meant that rest, which is at a place you wouldn't expect it to be when listening to the piece for the first time.

Anyway, I guess people who post here are interested in more specific info on their playing. So my opinion is that you did a great job and that technically you seem to handle the piece well. I kind of missed the feeling of the whole. While there is continuity between the phrases, I feel there is little continuity between the different sections of the piece. Now I know that is kind of abstract and difficult to explain further, and it is also hard to suggest something. But by letting the piece mature, this will come by itself I believe. How long have you been playing it?

"What the devil do you mean to sing to me, priest? You are out of tune." - Rameau
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: