Piano Forum logo
November 18, 2017, 02:43:21 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

What Did the Young Horowitz Sound Like?

In March of 1924, Vladimir Horowitz was a 20-year-old pianist ready to storm the gates of heaven with his soon-to-be-famous combination of bravura technique and passionate emotion. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chopin Ballade No. 2  (Read 171 times)
transcendental
PS Silver Member

« on: September 05, 2017, 03:31:50 AM »

Hope you enjoy it!

* Chopin Ballade No. 2.mp3 (7695.47 KB - downloaded 27 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
clouseau
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 03:44:45 AM »

Really nice! Bravo
Hard piece
I never quite understood that sudden pause.. it must have a special meaning in the piece

"What the devil do you mean to sing to me, priest? You are out of tune." - Rameau
transcendental
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:23:06 AM »

what sudden pause?
clouseau
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »

I meant that rest, which is at a place you wouldn't expect it to be when listening to the piece for the first time.

Anyway, I guess people who post here are interested in more specific info on their playing. So my opinion is that you did a great job and that technically you seem to handle the piece well. I kind of missed the feeling of the whole. While there is continuity between the phrases, I feel there is little continuity between the different sections of the piece. Now I know that is kind of abstract and difficult to explain further, and it is also hard to suggest something. But by letting the piece mature, this will come by itself I believe. How long have you been playing it?

"What the devil do you mean to sing to me, priest? You are out of tune." - Rameau
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: