Piano Forum logo
November 24, 2017, 05:55:29 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Belated London Premiere for Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel on International Women’s Day

As part of its special day of programming for International Women’s Day, BBC Radio 3 broadcasted a live performance of the Easter Sonata, a major piano work which until recently had been attributed to Felix Mendelssohn, but is now proved to be the work of his sister Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meditation from Thais - my transcription  (Read 127 times)
ronde_des_sylphes
PS Silver Member

« on: September 08, 2017, 08:30:44 PM »

Having spent a fair bit of time on the Saint-Saens version recently, it was a curious coincidence to come across this! My own transcription, hope you like it despite the audio being not as good as it could in the bass. I honestly don't know where or on what instrument I recorded this.

* thais meditation (my trans).mp3 (6402.86 KB - downloaded 19 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

clouseau
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »

nicely transcribed and played

"What the devil do you mean to sing to me, priest? You are out of tune." - Rameau
ronde_des_sylphes
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:44:32 PM »

Thanks! I'm not too fond of the actual physical recording aspect of this; it doesn't sound very well set-up, but as I said I have no recollection of the circumstances; in fact I don't even know where the sheet music for the transcription is! But I'm pleased you liked the playing and the setting.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: