Piano Forum logo
September 25, 2018, 03:51:07 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Piano Humour: A Victor Borge Tribute

“And now, in honour of the 150th anniversary of Beethoven’s death, I would like to play Clear the Saloon, er, Clair de Lune, by Debussy. I don’t play Beethoven so well, but I play Debussy very badly, and Beethoven would have liked that.” Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I go about competing while in college?  (Read 471 times)
jdrpiano
PS Silver Member

« on: September 14, 2017, 05:17:52 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I am relatively new to the student forum (well actually, the entire forum in general) but I am looking to get some good insight/opinions on a question that I have had to ponder quite a bit lately. I am starting college in the fall as a piano performance major and I was wondering if any of you had advice for someone wants to start competing while studying at university. I have started compiling a list of both local, national, and international piano competitions (good start or not...?) just so I can get a good view for what can potentially be on my horizon. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thank you all in advance! Smiley
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: