Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Reflects dans l'eau, Debussy, VIDEO  (Read 1808 times)

Offline maitea

• PS Silver Member
Reflects dans l'eau, Debussy, VIDEO
on: September 22, 2017, 08:24:00 AM
Recorded a while ago in July, when I was 7 months and a half pregnant! So much has changed now!!And my understanding and feeling of the piece is different already.. but hopefully some valid ideas in there too! Wonderful piece in any case!

Offline stevensk

Re: Reflects dans l'eau, Debussy, VIDEO
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 11:42:50 AM
Awesome! Completely in class with the great pianists. Doubt that I heard this piece better performed!

Offline tnan123

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 07:07:28 PM
Great audio and video quality so props to whoever did the recording. As for your playing I thought your use of rubato was very good. You also seem to have amazing control over the arpeggios. It really goes a long way to making those fast passages come through very clearly while still being able to immerse us listeners in this sound world with your expressive playing.

Bravo! Beautiful performance. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Offline maitea

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 08:16:49 AM
Thank you both very much for listening and taking the time to write and be so generous with your comments! And yes.. the arpeggios took/keep taking lots of time to enjoy :)

I agree, my videographer is ace. He works in London if you want his details!

Thanks again to bother!

Offline pianoville

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:15 PM
I agree, this performance is definetely up there with the best performances of this piece. I thought your dynamics where great, especially that subito at 2:50 which was absolutely breathtaking. You also have a very great technique, but most importantly, your playing is very musical and colourful and that is in my opinion the most important aspects of Debussy. Anyways, awesome job! One of the best performances I have heard on pianostreet. Please post more Debussy here!
"Perfection itself is imperfection." - Vladimir Horowitz

Offline maitea

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 01:42:20 PM
So sorry late reply! Thank you for your very nice words. Had the opportunity to hear your Ravel and Chopin. You are a brilliant pianist! Keep posting videos!xxx

Offline pianoville

Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 07:07:32 PM
So sorry late reply! Thank you for your very nice words. Had the opportunity to hear your Ravel and Chopin. You are a brilliant pianist! Keep posting videos!xxx

Thank you so much!
"Perfection itself is imperfection." - Vladimir Horowitz

Offline rhap2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 05:26:21 PM
Marvelous rendition of this Debussy composition. As a conservatory graduate, I have played and heard it many times, but I must say your interpretation and complete control of its various "programme" sections made this piece come alive. Please keep studying and recording. You are very talented and play beautifully.

John Cannon
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert