Piano Forum logo
December 17, 2017, 08:07:20 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Valentina Lisitsa on Searching for the Rachmaninoff Affinity

When Valentina Lisitsa came to Stockholm to play Rachmaninoff’s third piano concerto, it was a welcome fact not only for all her fans but also for anybody well aware of the enormous challenge this concerto means for any performer. In 2013 Lisitsa released her Complete Rachmaninoff Concertos (including the Paganini Rhapsody) on Decca and therefor this was a rare chance for Piano Street’s Patrick Jovell not to talk to her about YouTube but… Sergei Rachmaninoff. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Improvisation (final fifteen minutes of sixty)  (Read 113 times)
ted
PS Silver Member

« on: October 09, 2017, 08:21:52 AM »

Let's keep the recent momentum going with improvisation. Title and associations for this one are over to the listener.

* 212_1.mp3 (32335.71 KB - downloaded 4 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"It's a caution, grandson !"  -  My grandmother's reaction to almost any issue of the day.
nickc
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »

Ted, what a joy. Any chance of getting the full sixty minutes? This is filled with musical wonders... I greatly enjoy your musical voice.
ted
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:13:50 AM »

Ted, what a joy. Any chance of getting the full sixty minutes? This is filled with musical wonders... I greatly enjoy your musical voice.

Sure, here it is, but I had to degrade it considerably to fit the 35mb limit. As this has happened twice now, and you seem to like my music, tell you what I'll do. Send me an address of some sort in a private message and I shall post you a USB stick of the last 340 such improvisations. The collection is just too big to upload anywhere in high quality.

This offer goes for anybody else on the forum too, of course.

* 212_1_complete.mp3 (33903.57 KB - downloaded 1 times.)

"It's a caution, grandson !"  -  My grandmother's reaction to almost any issue of the day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: