Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Casio Privia PX-770 or 780  (Read 6189 times)

Offline sgtxdiabetes

• PS Silver Member
Casio Privia PX-770 or 780
on: October 17, 2017, 04:24:55 PM
I have a Casio Privia PX-150 that I have been learning on for a few years and I want to upgrade. What are your recommendations for Digital Pianos? I really like the design of the 770 model but if I'm going to spend around $600-$700 are there any other Digital Pianos you recommend for that price point? I would prefer that it have 3 pedals, weighted/hammer action, 88-keys, and a decent classical or modern piano tone. I do not care much for extra voices or sounds. I just want a nice piano sound. However, I would like to find something I could also use to create recordings or videos with.

Thanks C:

<333

Offline andrew79

• PS Silver Member
Re: Casio Privia PX-770 or 780
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 09:28:00 PM
Well, in this price range, Casio is probably the only manufacturer that make decent digital pianos with a cabinet design and 3 pedals.

So there aren't many alternatives to choose from.

If your main goal is to play piano, then the latest PX-770 and PX-870. are probably the best options to consider. For the price, they offer a lot of value, and the sound/touch is on par with much higher priced models, in my opinion.

The PX-780 is also a very good instrument, but it won't be as good in terms of piano playing, considering it's from an older generation (x50).

At the same time, if want to be able to create audio recording right onboard note that the PX-770 doesn't offer that. Only the PX-780 and the PX-870 have that option, but they're a bit pricier too.

But again if piano is all you care about I'd definitely go with the PX-870. It's only 100$ more than the PX-780.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert