Piano Forum logo
September 25, 2018, 01:47:13 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Bach - Transcriptions of Baroque Concertos

During his Weimar period, Johann Sebastian Bach composed a wealth of works. Among them are the 22 solo keyboard transcriptions of concertos by his Italian and German contemporaries: six for organ (BWV 592–596) and 16 for single-manual keyboard (BWV 972–987). The latter includes many famous baroque concertos by for example Vivaldi, Marcello and Telemann. This collection of 16 works is now available for download from Piano Street’s online sheet music library. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 early Piano Sonatas by Scriabin???  (Read 846 times)
tinctoria88
PS Silver Member

« on: October 25, 2017, 09:20:17 PM »

While reading notes of a recording, I noticed mention of FOUR "early attempts" at the sonata form that Scriabin produced.  Two of these are op. posth. sonatas that I'm aware of:  Sonata-famtasie in G-sharp minor and the Sonata in E-flat minor WoO 16.  Both of these are available through IMSLP Petrucci music library online.
Does anyone know of the other 2 early "op. posth." sonatas by Scriabin?  And possibly where one could acquire a printed copy of the music?
Thanks for any info or suggestion how I might hunt for these works.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
visitor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 12:59:16 AM »

I am pretty sure if they exist that they are in this book i have in score somewhere in my music room, I recall it was a spiral bound book, looked like a small time publisher, had tons of cool hard to find u common pieces including revisions Or pre revision versions if stuff and awesome fragments, it had th unfinished Scriabin Ballade in there too, cannot revel name but I should be able to dif it out and update this reply.

If they are not in that volume,  I ha e no idea, thay books contains exceptionally amd exceedingly rare pieces,  it's an important volume

visitor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 01:05:57 AM »

See my post fom late March 2016 here
https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=61156.0

Good stuff in that thread....vtw here us the excerpted post I out up in question
published about 20 years ago
Scriabin, Aleksandr Nikolayevich, and Daniel Bosshard. Jugendwerke für Klavier. Ardez [Switzerland]: Ediziun Trais Giats, 1997.

current item copy is found: Composed by Alexander Skrjabin (1872-1915). Edited by Bosshard, Daniel. Published by Thomi-Berg (TH.ETG-106).

can be purchased here
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/jugendwerke-fur-klavier-sheet-music/8128239

contains
Vollendete Kompositionen. Scherzo Es-Dur, WoO 4 ; Scherzo As-Dur, WoO 5 ; Fuge f-Moll, WoO 12 ; Fuge f-Moll, WoO 13 ; Klavierstück b-Moll, Anh. 16 ; Mazurka h-Moll, WoO 14 ; Duett für 2 Singstimmen d-Moll, WoO 10 ; Poème symphonique für 2 Klaviere d-Moll, WoO 24 -- Anhang, Fragmente. Etude Des-Dur, Anh. 8 ; Etude Fis-Dur, Anh. 9 ; Sonate cis-Moll, Anh. 11 ; Valse-impromptu Es-Dur, Anh. 13 ; Ballade b-Moll, Anh. 14.
There's a bunch of music in there I don't think that's a complete list

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: