Piano Forum logo
November 17, 2017, 05:41:49 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Wigmore Hall As Schiff's Magic Laboratory

Sir Andras Schiff's eloquence as a teacher and profound insights as a thinker about music make his Masterclass sessions irresistible to participants and audiences alike. Through the course of this event an outstanding young musician, chosen by Sir András himself, will explore some of the repertoire featured in the previous evening's concert. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Piano VS Grand Piano - Chopin Etude Op. 10, No. 8  (Read 132 times)
lafo
PS Silver Member

« on: October 26, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »

I am finally home and I decided to do this fun video comparison between my upright Thurmer piano vs my C. Bechstein playing the Chopin Etude Op. 10, No. 8 :Dd Hope you`ll like it and best wishes! Smiley

https://youtu.be/mmQlDM41jNo

P.S. First time recording with my new Zoom H5.. How do you find the sound?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
elainemusic369
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:38:43 AM »

Great comparison! The audio is great!
quantum
PS Gold Member

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 04:45:48 AM »

Fine playing, as usual!  I really appreciate how you brought out the melodic qualities of this piece. 

The Thurmer is quite a respectable instrument considering its neighbor, and the C. Bechstein seems to inspire you to explore its resources.  At any rate, you shaped the piece very well having your musical choices suit the instrument it was being  played on. 

Have you tried placing the H5 further away from the strings?  I've used its predecessor (H4n) and your H5 does share some of the Zoom qualities I have observed in the H4n. 

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
lafo
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »

Great comparison! The audio is great!

Thank you! Glad you liked it Smiley)

Fine playing, as usual!  I really appreciate how you brought out the melodic qualities of this piece. 

The Thurmer is quite a respectable instrument considering its neighbor, and the C. Bechstein seems to inspire you to explore its resources.  At any rate, you shaped the piece very well having your musical choices suit the instrument it was being  played on. 

Have you tried placing the H5 further away from the strings?  I've used its predecessor (H4n) and your H5 does share some of the Zoom qualities I have observed in the H4n. 

Thanks!! I appreciate it Smiley) I haven`t tried to place the Zoom further. I will deffinetly give it a go next recording Smiley Thanks for the suggestion!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: