Piano Forum logo
November 23, 2017, 08:14:52 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Happy 150th Birthday, Claude Debussy!

Great piano composers’ anniversaries don’t normally take place annually, but since the Chopin & Schumann year 2010 and the Liszt celebrations 2011, time has now come for another immensely important composer. Today, the 22nd of August 2012 marks the 150 years birthday of the French composer Claude Debussy, by many considered the father of “modern music”. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LRSM pieces?  (Read 116 times)
elis_piano
PS Silver Member

« on: October 26, 2017, 09:13:25 PM »

hi there,
could you guys help me to choose a lrsm romantic piece by Chopin or Liszt? Just suggest something except the Chopin ballades. Also I have a teacher but I want opinions so If you can just help me and leave the ironic comments it will be appreciated.
ALSO, I am not a native speaker.
My current repertoire is Beethoven op 31 n 2, Chopin Nocturne op 48 n 1, fantaisie impromptu, etude op 25 n 11, scriabin op 8 n 12, Grieg concerto .... .. and so on...

Just some opinions and suggestions for a nice manageable but not easy romantic piece.. 'cause I really am confused! You know.. I'm searching for THE piece, this piece which has it all! If you know what I wanna say..
Thank you
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
visitor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 12:39:39 AM »

No idea what l r s m is but I assume it means advanced or something

rosejaune177
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »

elis_piano, I'm posting the LRSM repertoire list here so that people who are unfamiliar with the exam (i.e. a lot of people on pianostreet!) can see what choice you have.

It starts on the third page:
https://www.abrsm.org/fileadmin/user_upload/diplomas/performance/performanceInstruments.pdf

I'm gradually working towards LRSM, too  Smiley
visitor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:56:15 PM »

elis_piano, I'm posting the LRSM repertoire list here so that people who are unfamiliar with the exam (i.e. a lot of people on pianostreet!) can see what choice you have.

It starts on the third page:
https://www.abrsm.org/fileadmin/user_upload/diplomas/performance/performanceInstruments.pdf

I'm gradually working towards LRSM, too  Smiley
thanks for that.
color me confused but if there is a list, then by definition someone has already looked at the available repertoire and made choices of pieces to present/acceptable to present. if there is a list , then why ask for people to choose, the creators of the list have already chosen a  bunch of good options Undecided

mjames
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 05:18:18 PM »

The list they give is pretty cool! How about trying Op. 50 no. 3 and the gb impromptu by Chopin? Pretty cool late works with awesome textures and counterpoint. The Op. 12 variations aren't too bad either, very cute stuff.

Okay now I feel like learning Op. 12, time to go to the library.

Pianism is my religion, Bach is my God, and Chopin's my prophet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: