Piano Forum logo
September 25, 2018, 05:42:52 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Immersed in Mozart – Roberto Prosseda on Recording the Early Sonatas

The Italian pianist Roberto Prosseda has previously recorded Mendelssohn’s complete piano works. Now he is embarking on a new, slightly less encyclopedic but equally ambitious project, that of recording Mozart’s complete sonatas. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LRSM pieces?  (Read 637 times)
elis_piano
PS Silver Member

« on: October 26, 2017, 09:13:25 PM »

hi there,
could you guys help me to choose a lrsm romantic piece by Chopin or Liszt? Just suggest something except the Chopin ballades. Also I have a teacher but I want opinions so If you can just help me and leave the ironic comments it will be appreciated.
ALSO, I am not a native speaker.
My current repertoire is Beethoven op 31 n 2, Chopin Nocturne op 48 n 1, fantaisie impromptu, etude op 25 n 11, scriabin op 8 n 12, Grieg concerto .... .. and so on...

Just some opinions and suggestions for a nice manageable but not easy romantic piece.. 'cause I really am confused! You know.. I'm searching for THE piece, this piece which has it all! If you know what I wanna say..
Thank you
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
visitor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 12:39:39 AM »

No idea what l r s m is but I assume it means advanced or something

rosejaune177
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »

elis_piano, I'm posting the LRSM repertoire list here so that people who are unfamiliar with the exam (i.e. a lot of people on pianostreet!) can see what choice you have.

It starts on the third page:
https://www.abrsm.org/fileadmin/user_upload/diplomas/performance/performanceInstruments.pdf

I'm gradually working towards LRSM, too  Smiley
visitor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:56:15 PM »

elis_piano, I'm posting the LRSM repertoire list here so that people who are unfamiliar with the exam (i.e. a lot of people on pianostreet!) can see what choice you have.

It starts on the third page:
https://www.abrsm.org/fileadmin/user_upload/diplomas/performance/performanceInstruments.pdf

I'm gradually working towards LRSM, too  Smiley
thanks for that.
color me confused but if there is a list, then by definition someone has already looked at the available repertoire and made choices of pieces to present/acceptable to present. if there is a list , then why ask for people to choose, the creators of the list have already chosen a  bunch of good options Undecided

mjames
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 05:18:18 PM »

The list they give is pretty cool! How about trying Op. 50 no. 3 and the gb impromptu by Chopin? Pretty cool late works with awesome textures and counterpoint. The Op. 12 variations aren't too bad either, very cute stuff.

Okay now I feel like learning Op. 12, time to go to the library.

Composing/improvising

Chopin's 4th ballade and 3rd sonata.
Scriabin Op. 42 no. 1, 2, and 3.
Bach Partita No.4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: