Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Sonata no.3 4th Movement Finale LIVE Recording  (Read 1488 times)

Offline daniele1234

Chopin Sonata no.3 4th Movement Finale LIVE Recording
on: December 27, 2017, 09:30:29 PM
Hey everyone, hope you all had a greatly enjoyable Christmas. Last week I had the pleasure of performing the 4th movement of Chopin's 3rd sonata at a sort of Christmas soirée of sorts. I'm only 15 and it was a bit of a rush and I only had a month and a bit to learn the piece, so you get the (somewhat frequent) technical mistakes throughout, but the architecture, sound, and phrasing were my main priorities (but no excuse for technique!). Unfortunately, the volume of the recording is quite low - I guess my only recommendation is to turn the volume on your device right up! Anyway, hope you enjoy the recording and all comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. Enjoy  :)

p.s. my recording of the 1st movement of this sonata can be found here: https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=64494.0
Currently learning:

- Schumann Kreisleriana
- Franck Prelude, Chorale and Fugue
- Xenakis Herma

Offline beethovenfan01

Re: Chopin Sonata no.3 4th Movement Finale LIVE Recording
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 10:16:17 PM
I like it. Still a little ways to go I think, but work on it for a few more weeks and I think most of the technical glitches will be gone. Your interpretation has a lot of character and interest, I think you've captured the core of the piece quite well!
Practicing:
Bach Chromatic Fantasie and Fugue
Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 1
Shostakovich Preludes Op. 34
Scriabin Etude Op. 2 No. 1
Liszt Fantasie and Fugue on BACH

Offline pianoville

Re: Chopin Sonata no.3 4th Movement Finale LIVE Recording
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 04:09:24 PM
I liked it. As you said there are some technical problems that you need to fix. I also think that more fire is needed for this movement. By doing that you will get a bigger contrast between this movement and the 3rd movement and that will have the audience on the edge of their seats. (If you perform the entire sonata). But still, well done!
"Perfection itself is imperfection." - Vladimir Horowitz

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert