Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Bach - Partita 6 in E minor  (Read 1947 times)

Offline gregwer

• PS Silver Member
Bach - Partita 6 in E minor
on: February 17, 2018, 04:48:54 PM
Hello everyone! I would like to share with you my live rendition of this beautiful Partita. Hope you like it and all opinions and advices are welcome!

Toccata:

Allemande:

Courante:

Aria:

Sarabande:

Tempo di Gavotta:

Gigue:
Learning
-Mozart k.311.
-Bach P&F 17 BWV 862.
-Prokofiev Romeo & Juliet suite(complete).
-Chopin 4 ballades.
-Chopin Grande Valse Brillante op.18

Offline pianoville

Re: Bach - Partita 6 in E minor
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 07:56:28 PM
Sounds great! You have a very good sense of rhytm, an articulation that works very well for Bach and all the voices are clear. I have one advice for the toccata though. It needs to sound more like an improvisation in the outer sections, but the fugue in the middle was great! I have always thought Bach is the most difficult composer to play well, but you nailed it!
"Perfection itself is imperfection." - Vladimir Horowitz

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert